Commemorating Civil Aid Services's
Commemorating Civil Aid Services’s dedication to preparing students for personal and professional success, we are pleased to encourage eligible candidates to apply for our 2012 Civil Aid Services Scholarship. (Awards of $500 are offered.)
Civil Aid Services will confer six (6) scholarship awards upon applicants who are qualified and meet the requirements and eligibility detailed in the following guidelines. Applicants must submit their applications by March 10, 2012 either by email attachment to CASscholarship@gmail.com or by mail to Civil Aid Services, P.O. Box 130287, New York, NY 10013.
Requirements and Eligibility
- Any high school senior must have received an average of at least 85% on their most recent report card and passed all their NY State Regents Exams.
- Any college freshman, sophomore, or junior must have received a GPA of at least 3.5 on their most recent transcript.
- Write a 500-1500 word essay concerning “your efforts to improve the welfare of your community and the measure of your success.” Your essay must reflect your own thinking and writing skills.
- In order to qualify for the scholarship, applicants must appear in person for one of the two scheduled interview sessions conducted by the Civil Aid Services Scholarship Committee on March 18th and 24th at 1 PM at 155 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY 11223.
- Any applicant, if selected as a scholarship recipient, must attend the Civil Aid Services Seventh Anniversary Fundraising Gala held on April 28, 2012.
- Any applicant who fails to meet the requirements will be disqualified from the selective process without notice.
- Sign the Terms and Agreements attached to application.